Resources for Research Collaborators
Apple Tree Dental’s mission for overcoming barriers to oral health acknowledges the important role of clinical dental records in research investigations to generate evidence that will inform clinical and policy innovations to promote health equity. For over 37 years, Apple Tree Dental staff have emphasized a commitment to high-quality clinical charting to enable our dental record to be an unmatched resource for a variety of investigations. In addition to performing our own internal analysis to continuously improve our ability to provide the best care to the communities and unique patient populations who we serve, we have partnered with a number of research collaborators who share Apple Tree’s values to demonstrate the effectiveness of the innovations that our organization has pioneered.
In 2021, we were supported by the CareQuest Institute for Oral Health with a Research Infrastructure Grant to develop the resources and protocols to enable effective collaboration with external research partners. We are grateful to our patients, staff, donors, funders and research partners for continuing to support Apple Tree Dental’s ability to be a source of high-quality clinical data to positively impact the dental profession and oral health equity for all.
Current and Past Collaborators
Research Collaborator LIbrary
Access our password-protected collaborator resources here.
- Research Reference
- Video Tutorials
- OpenDental Demonstration
- PowerBI Training
- PowerBI Demonstration using Apple Tree Dental Dashboards
- Sample Research Agreement Components
- Collaborator Agreement
- Internship Agreement
- Data Use Agreement
To gain access to our password-protected collaborator resources, please fill out the following Research Collaborator Inquiry Form.
Research Publications/Press releases
- What predicts oral health stability in a long-term care population?
- An Advanced Dental Therapist in Long-Term Care: Heather Luebben’s Case Study
- An Advanced Dental Therapist in Rural Minnesota: Jodi Hager’s Case Study
- The Contributions of Dental Therapists and Advanced Dental Therapists in the Dental Centers of Apple Tree Dental in Minnesota
- Longitudinal analysis of cost and dental utilization patterns for older adults in outpatient and long-term care settings in Minnesota
- New Data from DHS: Critical Access Dental Providers and a Dental Home Solution
- Provider and Patient Satisfaction with the Dental Therapy Workforce at Apple Tree Dental